Thursday, October 23, 2014

Niue Waltz Contest

I can't believe that I forgot about this. So shortly after we arrived I noticed that there was going to be a dance!  So off I went to get tickets. It was at the golf and country club (don't get any fancy ideas, it was just an older low slung building).
Well anyway there was a contest (with prizes) for the best Waltz. During the evening Shannon and I practiced our moves (at least the ones I could remember).  Then came the moment. The dance floor was loaded, and I typically like a little room to move, but anyway it turned out great, and we came in second out of the group.

Now Niue is a pretty small island, and for a couple of days after the dance people who I did not know would comment on our dancing skills. Then of course there is the follow-up, "so you are the ones on the catamaran with all the children!"

This is the first place that I am ready to stay for a while at.  It is so nice!!!   If we could haul the boat here for hurricane season, we would.

Until next time,

Courage

No comments:

Post a Comment