Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Day 11 - Skinny Dip

So the adventure continues.  Today was a beautiful day, and the wind has wrapped around behind us.  After we raised the spinnaker today, we dropped the mainsail.  As soon as we got it half down we noticed that the top part of the sail had come out of its track.  This has been a recurring problem that we thought we had fixed months ago. The only way to get the sail slide back in the track is to go to the very top of the mast.  Cassidy nearly went in her pants as she jumped with excitement and said "pick me, oh pick me! I want to go up the mast". Shannon and I tag-teamed, winching her up the mast.  Not to cause problems, but she is getting to be heavy!!!

After dinner was swimming time. We are surfing about 6 knots down these great swells. We hang ropes off the stern and body surf behind the boat. The children love it when the swell just lifts them up and floats them right onto the swim-step.  Now the children are of course naked.  But Cassidy being shy remained in her skivvies.  Off Cassidy dropped behind the boat, followed by shrieks of, "I am losing my panties!" And sure enough she was buck-naked!  Now I was laughing so hard that I could hardly breathe, let alone see through the tears of hilarity.

So all in all it is just a great day to be living in the middle of the ocean.

Courage

No comments:

Post a Comment