Thursday, July 2, 2015

Teen Perspective on Adventure Sailing -

It's been an eventful couple of weeks! We went to the island Pentecost and saw Land Diving, followed by a huge celebration the local village held in honor of the land diving season being over in which we watched them slaughter a calf and cook it. We tried Kava, a slightly narcotic plant that they drink as part of tradition, and picked leaves from the trees to use as plates for the dinner! My cousin has held a couple of clinics now, that Cass and I have helped with, treating sores and wounds and helping how ever we can. We're traveling north through Vanuatu and I reeled in my first fish while underway, a 30lbs Yellow Tail Tuna! Yesterday Cassidy and I swam and jumped from a waterfall, and today we went snorkeling in the clearest waters I've ever seen among beautiful coral reefs. We are on the island Maewo and plan to sail to Malakula next. Can't wait to post photos! Unfortunately the service here won't permit much photo sharing.

Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment