Saturday, December 20, 2014

December 17, 2014

Last night at almost exactly midnight we chafed through our mooring line.  Fortunately we have about 1/2 a mile of clear water downwind of us before anything sharp!  I awoke to the sound of a splash and a quick inspection confirmed my assumption, we were drifting! With the flashlight I was able to spot the mooring ball drifting away.  I retrieved it with the dingy, turned on the GPS and started making my way to a nearby anchorage that I was comfortable anchoring at in the darkness. There were no issues anchoring, and after an hour or so I drifted off to sleep again.

This morning I dove the mooring again, tied a large dock line to it, and we are now moored for the strong winds and rain predicted for the next week!

Courage

No comments:

Post a Comment