Monday, September 8, 2014

Back to Bora Bora

We made it to Bora Bora today, lots of boats doing the crossing with us it seemed. We could see 6 boats as we entered the pass. But it worked out great, good winds, sailed the whole way, and we were able to get a mooring ball when we arrived. The kids are in the pool at the MaiKai marina and I get free Wi-Fi time!! Yep, we are still OK.

Learning now how to de-stink pearls. Apparently there's a black oozing decomposing natural organic material from some pearls that you find when you drill them to make jewelry. "Natural" jewels come with their own issues, and they are sensitive to bleach, etc. Baking soda was ineffective for me; I can't wear my favorite necklace I made because of the stench. So after my research today, it appears I'm moving on to hydrogen peroxide attempts. See the things we learn out here??

No comments:

Post a Comment