Monday, May 19, 2014

Code Blue – May 18, 2014

There's one boat here named "Code Blue."  The husband named the boat, apparently completely oblivious to what a Code Blue was until he met his current wife who is an ex-nurse.  So anyway, I was just minding my own business making popcorn on our boat when I hear the radio go off "Code Blue, Code Blue."  That got my adrenaline going for a brief moment until I re-oriented to my surroundings and realized that was a) not a true code and b) not my issue.  Happened one other time this afternoon.  At first I thought, oh, what a funny name.  Now, I'm not sure I like it . . .

On that note, my leg is healing well.  I can't help but go in the water here, but clean it off and put Neosporin on it when I return to the boat.  No signs on infection.  May even take the stitches out soon!  So there are no significant issues there.  I think it'll scar.  Will likely have a "Marquesan tattoo."  Not uncommon among the cruisers, even those with no other tattoos to go home with a new one.  They are pretty nice tattoos here, but I was planning to hold off for now.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment