Saturday, April 12, 2014

Post Office and Date Night

I went to mail some postcards. This small town has 2 post offices. The first sold me cards and stamps, told me $2.50 to post to the US. As I pulled out the stamps, it was $1.75 to post to the US on the paper. So I went to the other post office to ask the rate. Apparently there it's $3. for a postcard to the US and they don't have any stamps, maybe next week they will get some. This is all very confusing to US citizens who have a flat rate without any bribery involved to get people to do their jobs. And how can a post office not have stamps? That's sort of an oversight of inventory efforts isn't it?

A guy just came by offering tours to the volcano caves for $20 each. Looks great, but we're leaving in the morning. He says, "I can take you now, it's 2 hours." It's 4:30 in the evening, we don't have the money or cameras, I'm in my swimsuit. So Courage is running to the boat to get money and camera and water, and we are off for a date night.

No comments:

Post a Comment